I have a patch to fix that just about ready to go out the door, actually. If
you want, I could send it to you and see if it makes your life easier. The
pari->sage speedup is only about 20% (which I'd like to improve), but the
sage->pari is a 5-6X speedup, and gets better with the length of the
integers.

-cc