Round about calculus.py line 3283 is a really charming latex-ification
algorithm.  I have some questions about it.  Could the if statement that puts
the 'tails' into the subscript be moved into the latex_varify function?

I'm also bothered by the fact that
latex(var('sigma_k'))=='\mbox{sigma_k}'
instead of '\sigma_{k}'
Would anyone be opposed to latex_varify handling embedded underscores in a
more tex-understanding way?

I'd also like to use latex_varify a few other places (MPoly rings I think),
but I forget the ones I had gotten mad at a week ago.

Does anyone have objections to these things?  Or, other improvements that
could be rolled into this?

--
Joel