How do I use matrix (or Matrix?) inside python files which are
compiled?  Suppose I have a file:

def my_matrix(d):
    return Matrix(ZZ,d,d,[ [i+j for i in range(d)] for j in range(d)])

I include it in my favorite directory, and compile SAGE, and run:

sage: my_matrix(3)
<type 'exceptions.NameError'>             Traceback (most recent call
last)

/home/jvoight/sage/devel/sage-main/sage/rings/number_field/<ipython
console> in <module>()

/home/jvoight/sage/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sage/rings/
number_field/hot.py in my_matrix(d)
      1 def my_matrix(d):
----> 2     return Matrix(ZZ,d,d,[ [i+j for i in range(d)] for j in
range(d)])

<type 'exceptions.NameError'>: global name 'Matrix' is not defined

In other situations, I type ?foo to see where I need to import foo
from.  I can't figure that out with Matrix!  I tried various
combinations, but I thought I would just ask: What is the officially
correct way to do this?

Thanks, JV