On Nov 28, 10:54 pm, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
dortmund.de> wrote:
> This is now #1325.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael

One more data point: The coercion.pyx doctest fails with the exact
same backtrace (modulo the top of the call chain) when doing:

Trying:
    f.parent()###line 207:_sage_    >>> f.parent()
Expecting:
    Multivariate Polynomial Ring in t, x over Cyclotomic Field of
order 13 and degree 12
ok
Trying:
    ZZ['x','y'].gen(0) + ~Frac(QQ['y']).gen(0)###line 209:_sage_
>>> ZZ['x','y'].0 + ~Frac(QQ['y']).0
Expecting:
    (x*y + 1)/y

Unhandled SIGSEGV: A segmentation fault occured in SAGE.
This probably occured because a *compiled* component
of SAGE has a bug in it (typically accessing invalid memory)
or is not properly wrapped with _sig_on, _sig_off.
You might want to run SAGE under gdb with 'sage -gdb' to debug this.
SAGE will now terminate (sorry).

         [3.8 s]
exit code: 256

The following tests failed:

        sage -t -verbose devel/sage-main/sage/structure/coerce.pyx

So from my perspective now robertbw and malb need to agree whose fault
it is and send me a fix ;) This bug causes segfaults in nearly 100
doctests of the 105 still failing doctests on Solaris, so once this is
fixed we will be in excellent shape for an actually working Solaris
port.

I am adding the same info to the ticket.

Cheers,

Michael