On Dec 9, 2007 7:41 PM, Luis Michelena <> wrote:
> Hello, I'm an Uruguayan computer science engineer, while looking after
> an Spanish translation of sage's documentation I discovered that you
> (a plural you, I believe) have used automated means to produce it.

We actually haven't used any methods at all -- if there is a translation
it must be by google or something else, since we don't host a translation
(as far as I know).

> So I'd like to help you to translate it using the old carbon wet way. My
> mother is a math teacher, and i know it's no fitted to deal with
> computer generated documentation.
>
> So please let me know how can i help.
>
> Cheers for your endeavor from the south,
>
> Luis Michelena

Dear Luis,

Many thanks for writing.  You are the second person this afternoon
to request or offer help on a Spanish translation of some part
of Sage (either the code or the documentation).  There's
now a wiki page to help organize translation of sage:

    http://wiki.sagemath.org/i18n

Beyond that, the main constraint is just getting organized,
and afterwards keeping the translated documentation reasonably
up-to-date.   Translating the tutorial to spanish would be
the obvious first thing to do.    And the obvious first
step there would be to do the first few pages.  Want
to start on that?

i've cc'd this email to sage-devel, which is a newsgroup you may
want to subscribe to and explain your ideas for translating
some of the Sage documentation to Spanish.

By the way, one of the Sage developers (Gonzalo Tornaria),
who I've cc'd, is a math professor in Uruguay.

 -- William