I have been concentrating on Axiom's numerical capabilities.
I am making a set of regression tests against the published values
in Abramowitz and Stegun (1965). You might find it interesting to
run these same tests in Sage. I can send them to anyone who would
like to volunteer. They are basically the published table values
versus the computed values. For instance, one row reads:

[0.01, 0.00999983333416666468254, sin(0.01),
sin(0.01)-0.00999983333416666468254]

where the first entry is the point, the second entry is the A&S table value,
the third entry is a function call, and the fourth entry is the computed
difference.

I'm a member of the Numerical Mathematics Consortium
(http://www.nmconsortium.org).A recently published draft
standard, which I'm reviewing, is available at:
<http://www.nmconsortium.org/docs/NMC_Technical_Specification%20(9-24-2007).pdf>

You might find it useful to track these standards.

Tim