A while ago some of us were talking about ways to draw things in the web
browser.  Apparently Firefox, Safari, and Opera already support using
the canvas element to draw images in a web browser.  See
http://labs.mininova.org/canvas/ for some examples or
http://www.abrahamjoffe.com.au/ben/canvascape/ for a cool demo of a 3d
first-person walk-through or http://caimansys.ecocentrik.com/painter/
for an example of a paint application.  If I understand it correctly,
the painting on the canvas is done via javascript.

Apparently (according to the HTML5 draft) eventually we will have a 3d
canvas in HTML.  It seems like that will be really nice since then the
3d drawing would presumably be done by the browser (i.e., fast).

Jason