> If I understand things correctly, the fonts up at
> http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/download/jsMath-fonts.html are
> based on the Bakoma fonts, and the license quoted above is the Bakoma
> fonts license.  If you look at the "original Bakoma fonts" link at the
> jsMath fonts page, you'll see inside the zip file a file named
> BaKoMa-CM.Fonts, which contains the license agreement (and is quoted above).

You are right that the original jsMath fonts were the BaKoMa fonts,
but that is no longer the case.  The encoding used by the BaKoMa fonts
turned out to be problematic, and so I made my own versions using
mftrace directly from the Computer Modern metafont files.  So the
BaKoMa copyright no longer applies.

The Computer Modern fonts were put into the public domain by Knuth
(see http://www.ntg.nl/maps/pdf/5_34.pdf), so I don't think there is
any problem using these versions in Sage.

> 1. Davide does not distribute this license agreement (or any other) with
> his modified versions of the Bakoma fonts.  Does that mean he claims the
> copyright and he is the only one we need to work with for redistribution?

No, I don't claim copyright.

> 2. If the license agreement of the original Bakoma fonts is the one in
> effect, then it sounds like we might have to work with them as well as
> Davide to okay the redistribution of his modified fonts.

No, BoKoMa is no longer involved, as these are unrelated to their
versions of the fonts.

Davide