Dear David and Furkan,

For sure, it is related. About the theory of symmetries of ODE  one can
also look in V. Arnold's text books on ODE,  in the books of list of
references of John Starrett's paper "Solving equations by symmetry groups",
there are various texts about the symmetries of PDE, for example, the
book
www.amazon.com/Symmetries-Conservation-Differential-Mathematical-Translations/dp/082180958X.

Therefore,  theoretically the area of symmetries of DE is well-developed.
Another thing is to design a package for SAGE...