On Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 4:42:23 PM UTC-7, Zachary Scherr wrote:

>    I was building sage today, and the building of sage seems to work fine
> but building the documentation crashed for me at manifolds.  Does anyone
> have any insight as to what's going on?
>

>From the log:

<module>
[manifolds]     from sage.libs.ecl import EclObject, ecl_eval
[manifolds] ImportError:
dlopen(/Users/zscherr/sage/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sage/libs/ecl.cpython-38-darwin.so,
 2): Symbol not found: _ecl_process_env
[manifolds]   Referenced from:
/Users/zscherr/sage/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sage/libs/ecl.cpython-38-darwin.so
[manifolds]   Expected in: flat namespace

Do you have another installation of ecl, perhaps in /usr/local?  In that
case, this problem may have a similar cause as the problems related to
ntl/flint that you reported earlier.