On Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 2:14:29 PM UTC-8, Matthias Koeppe wrote:

> I would suggest that we aim for a much shorter release cycle for Sage 9.3
> with a focus on the following issues:
> - macOS 11 Big Sur
> - critical fixes that were not merged in 9.2
> - package upgrades that did not make it into 9.2
> - fixing broken optional packages
>
> Perhaps a release date at the end of the month would be possible.

Volker, I am not sure if you are aware of this, but your ticket merging
scripts seem to ignore the Milestone set in the trac tickets. I would
suggest that this be changed.

The current process seems to have an abrupt transition from "merging
anything that's positively reviewed" to "only merging blocker tickets".
Allowing developers to defer a ticket to the next release cycle by setting
the Milestone would in my opinion improve release quality.