I'm trying to build Sage 9.3beta1 on my Ubuntu 20.10 laptop, and the build
is failing in fplll-5.3.3. The relevant lines seem to be

[fplll-5.3.3] /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libqd.a(dd_const.o): warning:
relocation against `_ZN7dd_real4_pi4E' in read-only section `.text.startup'
[fplll-5.3.3] /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libqd.a(dd_real.o): relocation
R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `_ZSt4cerr@@GLIBCXX_3.4' can not be used when
making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

I can include a more detailed log if needed, but let's see if this is
already enough to generate some suggestions...

Kiran