On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 10:19 PM Samuel Lelievre <samuel.lelie...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2020-12-10 11:37:41 UTC, David Roe:
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 6:06 AM Dima Pasechnik:
> > >
> > > On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 10:49 AM David Roe:

> projects.
> so.
> > >
> > > I don't think we even need a consensus for this. Lack of funds
> > > is a sufficient reason to migrate.
> > > (apart from the history, account data is important...)
> > >
> > > We then can point zulip.sagemath.org to the appropriate url at
> zulipchat.com
> >
> > I've created sagemath.zulipchat.com and requested sponsorship
> > as an open source project. I exported our current Zulip history
> > into a tarball as a test. We probably want to wait until the current
> > Sage Days is over to complete the migration so there's no disruption
> > (the traffic is low enough that I'll probably pick a convenient time
> > to deactivate it for a day, port the history over to zulipchat.com
> > and then invite all our current users to the new organization).
>
> Is there a way to retain the zulip.sagemath.org url
> while hosting at zulipchat.com?

It took me longer than I wanted, but I've ported over all of our history
and accounts to sagemath.zulipchat.com.  For security reasons the passwords
haven't been migrated, so you'll need to use the password reset link (let
me know if you don't remember what email you used).

I've been struggling with the google cloud interface and can't figure out
how to shut down the VM that was running Zulip.  Dima, since you started
the thread about costs, do you know how to do this?  Anyone else?

As for the url, I assume it should be possible to set up a redirect, but I
don't have easy access to our DNS records.
David