I don't know anything shorter than their release notes
<https://github.com/mathics/Mathics/releases>. Therefore, I forwarded your
question to Rocky Bernstein.

At least *Mathics* covers all of the functionality touched by our doctests
of the *Mathematica* interface, except one function (FindMinimum). On the
other hand, my impression is that there is still a lot of work to do until
you can read in larger *Mathematica* packages and they just work.