I presume that this is not an issue for linux, but maybe I'm wrong about
that. In any case, I'm concerned about OS X.

- How well tested are the various standalone Fortran options for OS X? I
mean, how well tested are they for building Sage? Gfortran coming from
homebrew is already included in tox.ini, I assume conda too, but perhaps ​​
https://github.com/fxcoudert/gfortran-for-macOS
<https://github.com/fxcoudert/gfortran-for-macOS> should be added,
especially if we're going to advertise it.

- How well supported are the various Fortran options for older versions of
OS X?

  John