(Apologies for reviving this old thread, but since I saw a couple of
mentions of ODE integration via Taylor's method in the mailing list
archive, I thought that some people might be interested)

We just released the latest version of our Taylor integrator heyoka.py:

https://github.com/bluescarni/heyoka.py

heyoka.py is an implementation of Taylor's method for the numerical
integration of systems of ODEs based on automatic differentiation and
just-in-time compilation via LLVM.

Current features include:

- support for both double-precision and extended-precision floating-point
types,
- the ability to maintain machine precision accuracy over tens of billions
of timesteps,
- high-precision zero-cost dense output,
- fast and accurate event detection,
- excellent performance,
- batch mode integration to harness the power of modern SIMD instruction
sets.

heyoka.py needs to represent the ODEs symbolically in order to apply the
automatic differentiation rules necessary for an efficient implementation
of Taylor's method. For this purpose, heyoka.py uses its own expression
system, but in recent versions we added the ability to convert heyoka.py's
symbolic expressions to/from SymPy. Here's a simple example of
interoperability between heyoka.py and SymPy:

https://bluescarni.github.io/heyoka.py/notebooks/sympy_interop.html

It should not be difficult in principle to implement similar basic
interoperability with Sage's expression system.

More tutorials and examples are available here:

https://bluescarni.github.io/heyoka.py/tutorials.html
https://bluescarni.github.io/heyoka.py/examples.html

Thanks and kind regards,

  Francesco.