On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 09:58 -0700, Sébastien Labbé wrote:
> Also, this used to work, but does not work currently:
>
> $ sage -tp --memlimit=4000
> usage: sage -t [options] filenames
> sage-runtests: error: unrecognized arguments: --memlimit=4000

The --memlimit option and the default memlimit itself were removed in
trac ticket 31395, commit cf0c05c000e96. The default memlimit served no
purpose; whenever the test suite ran out of memory, we would just raise
the default limit again. And the --memlimit option was basically only
useful to work around that issue until someone committed a higher
default limit.

If you really need to set a memory limit for some other reason, ulimit
or whatever your OS provides will work better.