Hello Matthias,

As part of my GSoC 2021 project (#31560
<https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/31560>), there was some significant
changes made to the ring of modular forms that are going to be part of Sage
9.5:

   - sage/modular/modform/find_generators.py was renamed into
   sage/modular/modform/ring.py (#31559
   <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/31559>);
   - The class ModularFormsRing (located in sage/modular/modform/ring.py)
   now follows the Parent/Element structure (#31559
   <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/31559>);
   - A conversion bug between spaces of modular forms was fixed (#32168
   <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/32168>);
   - Rings of quasimodular forms for a given congruence subgroups were
   implemented (#31512 <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/31512>);
   - One can now convert a modular form ring element and a quasimodular
   form ring element to a polynomial in the generator of the ring (#32135
   <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/32135>, #32336
   <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/32336>)
   - Derivatives of modular forms and quasimodular forms were implemented (
   #32343 <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/32343>, #32357
   <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/32357>).

I also blogged about most of these changes here
<https://davidayotte.github.io/posts/2021/08/gsoc-final/>. Don't hesitate
if you need further informations.

Best,

David A.