On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 5:57 PM, alex clemesha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In Knoboo we *decouple* the idea of a kernel, it could be another
> Python (Sage) process, with communication through Pexpect
>
> ... but it also couple be another Python (Sage) process running a very
> minimal XML-RPC server, and all communication occurs through
>  *** HTTP instead of Pexpect ***.

I personally am not too familiar with web development, so it's always
great to hear from someone who has (which is exactly why this
discussion was started). Regarding XML-RPC vs Pexpect:
 - how slow is one compared to the other?  I expect xml-rpc to be
slower, but not so slow to render it unusable.
- I understand xml-rpc working for inter-communication, ie SAGE ->
outside world, but I don't see how it would work for
intra-communication, SAGE -> maxima. Maxima would have to be already
running in the background, right? If that is the case, then every sage
session would have to spawn singular, maxima, maple, etc sessions at
start-up. I don't like that. Is there something I'm not getting here?

didier