David, thanks for bringing up the interaction with #2274.  Mercurial
will definitely *not* like to merge the two doc patches, since I've made
some changes in the coding theory section (in the histogram example, for
instance, which we both noticed was lacking a few lines of code to work...)

I think it will be fairly easy for me to take 435.patch and merge it
with #2289, and just resubmit the patch for #2289.  But there is also
the matter of the other patch in #2274 (8672.patch), which should be
reviewed by someone.  I would like to wait for that if possible, just in
case some changes are needed in 435.patch.

Best,
Alex

-
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------

-
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
|>   The patch is somewhat big but most of the changes are cosmetic,
aimed at
|>   making const.tex more consistent internally (and with the tutorial) and
|>   prettier to behold.
|>
|>   I've also exposed a number of examples that were %skip-ped previously,
|>   tested them and fixed a few of them that were buggy.
|>
|>   --
|>   Ticket URL: <http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/2289>
|>   SAGE <http://sagemath.org/>
|>   Sage - Open Source Mathematical Software: Building the Car Instead of
|>  Reinventing the Wheel
|>   |>

|>  --
|>  William Stein