config.log shows lots of errors of the form

    ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/homebrew/opt/lib'

I wonder if .homebrew-build-env is producing the wrong information as
compared to your homebrew installation. Where are homebrew's libraries
actually installed, if not in /opt/homebrew/opt/lib? Sage should not have
to build openblas if it's already installed via homebrew.

--
John