I had very similar problems when trying to install the current development
version on cygwin (the package python3-3.10.2 failed to build). I was able
to fix this by manually specifying in the configuration that the system
python3.8 should be used (python3.9 failed for separate reasons), but then
I encountered a separate bug with building e_antic-0.1.9. I could post the
corresponding log files, though I should say that I have since given up on
making it run on cygwin.

What I can recommend to the original poster is to set up sage locally on
Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux, as described here:
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/source.html#ubuntu-on-windows-subsystem-for-linux-wsl-prerequisite-installation
For me neither the BIOS modification nor the upgrade to Ubuntu 20.10 was
necessary, and all steps were much faster than the steps I got to work on
cygwin, too. After following the instructions above, I continued with the
Ubuntu instructions on
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/source.html#linux-recommended-installation
followed by the instructions in
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/#readme