Hi Matthias,

I have one correction to the 9.6 installation manual.  There are no longer
two choices for the macOS binary installation.  There is exactly one
choice: a 1GB download which includes every optional package that we were
able to build, except for those which can be installed with the %pip magic
command.  Packages installed by pip go into the user's .sage directory.  No
changes are ever made to the application in /Applications and that
application is completely self-contained - it does not use any external
libraries except the C runtime on the host system which is guaranteed to
always exist.  (Unfortunately, code compiled against a current C runtime is
not guaranteed to be completely backwards compatible, and that is why we
must require macOS 10.12 or newer.)

Well, OK, there is a choice between Intel and M1, but that is a different
story.

- Marc