Hi,

In a newly installed Sage 9.6 from source, I've moved on to install
Jupyterlab (since it's still an optional package, cf.
https://groups.google.com/g/sage-devel/c/orUpb-YXIHk/) by running
./sage -i jupyterlab_widgets
as advertised in
https://trac.sagemath.org/wiki/ReleaseTours/sage-9.6#JupyterLab3.3
This triggered the recompilation of 531 Cython files in sage-lib on a
single thread, which on my i7 computer takes about half an hour or so.
Is this really necessary? (a priori I don't see the link between Jupyterlab
and these 531 Cython files in src/sage). If yes, is there any possibility
to speed up the process by running it on multiple threads?

Eric.