Hi there,

> Are you asking whether a shell script can handle complex arithmetic? What
does that have to do with Sage?
Maybe it's just wishful thinking. One day, SageMath may have it's own shell
(smiley)

> If that's not what you're asking, please clarify.

Maybe just another wishful thinking, how to make [ 1 = 1+0i ] evaluate to
'true' with a tiny bit (0) of imaginary part (smiley)
Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.

All the best,

phiho

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 12:46 AM John H Palmieri <jhpalmier...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Are you asking whether a shell script can handle complex arithmetic? What
> does that have to do with Sage?
>
> If that's not what you're asking, please clarify.
>
> On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 5:38:43 AM UTC-7 hohoa...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> P.S: Sorry, there was a typo here:
>> *# at configuration time.*
>>
>> should read
>>
>> *# at validating time.*
>>

>> On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 10:14 PM ph h <hohoa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Is this feasible [ 1 = 1+0i  ] <=> [ 1 = 1 ] ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> phiho
>>>
>>> *<src.bin.sage-env>*
>>> if [ 1 = 1+0i ]; then
>>> # Make sure that SAGE_ROOT is either an absolute physical directory name
>>> # or empty.
>>> *# An absolute physical directory name has already been embedded and
>>> exported*
>>>

>>> *# at configuration time.#if [ -n "$SAGE_ROOT" ]; then#    export
>>> SAGE_ROOT=$(cd "$SAGE_ROOT" 2>/dev/null && pwd -P)#fi#if [ -d "$SAGE_ROOT"
>>> ]; then*
>>>     export SAGE_LOGS="$SAGE_ROOT/logs/pkgs"
>>>     export SAGE_SRC="$SAGE_ROOT/src"
>>>     export SAGE_DOC_SRC="$SAGE_SRC/doc"
>>>     export PATH="$SAGE_ROOT/build/bin:$PATH"
>>>     if [ -z "$SAGE_DISTFILES" ]; then
>>>         SAGE_DISTFILES="$SAGE_ROOT/upstream"
>>>         export SAGE_DISTFILES
>>>     fi
>>>     if [ -z "$CCACHE_BASEDIR" ]; then
>>>         export CCACHE_BASEDIR="$SAGE_ROOT"
>>>     fi
>>> *#fi*
>>> fi    # [ 1 = 1+0i ]
>>>
>>> *</src.bin.sage-env>*
>>>
>>> *<sage-env>*
>>> if [ 1 = 1 ]; then
>>> # Make sure that SAGE_ROOT is either an absolute physical directory name
>>> # or empty.
>>> if [ -n "$SAGE_ROOT" ]; then
>>>     export SAGE_ROOT=$(cd "$SAGE_ROOT" 2>/dev/null && pwd -P)
>>> fi
>>> [...]
>>> if [ -d "$SAGE_ROOT" ]; then
>>>     export SAGE_LOGS="$SAGE_ROOT/logs/pkgs"
>>>     export SAGE_SRC="$SAGE_ROOT/src"
>>> fi
>>> [...]
>>> if [ -n "$SAGE_SRC" ]; then
>>>     export SAGE_DOC_SRC="$SAGE_SRC/doc"
>>> fi
>>> [...]
>>> if [ -d "$SAGE_ROOT" ]; then
>>>     export PATH="$SAGE_ROOT/build/bin:$PATH"
>>> fi
>>> [...]
>>> if [ -d "$SAGE_ROOT" ]; then
>>>     if [ -z "$SAGE_DISTFILES" ]; then