On Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 2:08:32 PM UTC-7 Nils Bruin wrote:

> configure: error:
>
>     Given --with-system-primesieve=force, but no system package could be
> used.
>     That's an error.  Please install the indicated package to continue.
>     (To override this error, use ./configure --without-system-primesieve)
>     Given --with-system-primecount=force, but no system package could be
> used.
>     That's an error.  Please install the indicated package to continue.
>     (To override this error, use ./configure --without-system-primecount)
>
> The documentation section about this is  marked "experimental", and I
> think this shows it's indeed not ready for prime time yet.

Whether the method described in section
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/conda.html#using-conda-to-provide-all-dependencies-for-the-sage-library-experimental

works always depends on the conda package maintainers providing packages
that are up to date with respect to our requirements. It's not directly
under control of our project.