This looks likely, thanks!  The next step for you (and all of us) would be
as follows:

1) Neither of these codes are so long that you couldn't put them as
formatted text in comments on the relevant ticket.  Use {{{ code }}} to
format them.

2) If you could (on the ticket) attach or link to images of the
before/after, that would be very helpful.  Particularly the `use_mathtext`
option being different would need discussion and comparison.

Thanks! I hope others look at this issue too, as I may not have margin for
a full review at this time.