Hi

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 at 23:05, Kwankyu Lee <ekwan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 1:00:23 AM UTC+9 j...@aims.ac.za wrote:
>
>> Or into gitlab, which we can host ourselves,
>>
>>  https://github.com/tracboat/tracboat
>>
>> (I have no experience with tracboat)
>>

> Whether we upgrade trac or migrate to other platform, the process should
> be gradual so  that we run an experimental new server along with the
> present trac server, sharing the (copied) database, for some (or long) time.
>
> If we upgrade trac, the process could be 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 1.4.

The current version is 1.1.6. the packaged version for the new server is
1,.2, It seems even numbers are stable but the next and latest packaged
version on debian/ubuntu is 1.5.3; 1.5+ is python3.

Trac upgrade guide is 1.0 -> 1.2 -> 1.4
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUpgrade

Maybe the OS package upgrades support 1.2 -> 1.5.3.

I am going to look at 1.1.6 -> 1.2 packaged version on a trac-test copy of
the VM but I must say the gitolite error put me off a bit, even if it is
just disabling sshkeys.py for a bit. Then Frederic found other problems in
ticket_branch.py/pygit2.

Regards,
Jan

--