Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> I've conducted few experiments with a tool to import trac sites to
> github: https://github.com/svigerske/trac-to-github, which in
> particular allows to import trac tickets as github issues; a result of
> running it on few tickets
> may be inspected
> here:
> https://github.com/dimpase/trac_to_gh/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed
> (Here issues 1-10 correspond to trac tickets one to one :-)) Further
> work on trac-to-github will be needed, in particular to properly link
> branches in our git tree, but it's doable, and we have volunteers to
> do it.

How hard would it be to import issues in such a way that issues and
comments created by people with git**b accounts are correctly linked to
their accounts? This would require a way for these people to authorize
the migration script to perform specific actions in their name, or to
merge their user account with a temporary account created by the
script, or something like that. I have no idea how flexible github or
gitlab are in that respect.

(It would presumably be easy with a self-hosted gitlab, though.)

--
Marc