> While I strongly support the shift to github, I also agree with Travis
> that we should vote on a change this major, and give the community enough
> time to weigh in.  I would also encourage people on both sides of the
> debate to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.  To those who have been
> putting in a ton of work attempting to fix trac in recent weeks, our broken
> infrastructure is both frustrating and gives a sense of urgency.  To those
> who have spent over a decade using trac, the most recent iteration of this
> discussion (starting four days ago) feels very rushed.

Well said on both counts.

> Consensus ?!  Hmm - consensus means that everyone is for. I don't think
we will have it. So we can stop now, no?  I think a simple majority is a
meaningful way to vote here.

I think that's been the historical practice (recall the document William
refers to in the Bernoulli # thread, which I think said something like at
least 5 or 10 total votes + majority, though I also no longer know where it
resides), but it probably wouldn't hurt to ask for a 2/3 majority to work
against buyer's regret (see Saari's Basic Geometry of Voting for a nice
historical example of this still in use) since that is as close to a "true"
consensus we are likely to achieve here.  Or at least a 2/3 majority of
"Yes" and "Won't oppose" combined, since I find myself in the latter camp -
and I think with continued careful discussion of the technical challenges
of keeping Trac alive combined with continued concrete proposals for how to
most safely transition to GH (GL?) that won't be a problem to get.