On Mon, 19 Sep 2022, 15:35 William Stein, <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a 3-minute section of a PyCon 2022 keynote by the steering
> council discussing migration of CPython to GitHub:
>
> https://youtu.be/m2R5shF1pLc?t=535
>
> In particular, they talk about how much effort went into the
> migration, and just how difficult it was, and how GitHub was
> directly involved with supporting their effort.  It took nearly 7
> years (!) from when the plan was first created in 2015:
>
> https://peps.python.org/pep-0512/
>
> This Python PEP is itself pretty interesting, e.g., it outlines why
> they chose GitHub or GitLab.

I had a quick look, and noted that in this PEP they as well moved from
mercurial to git, set up a number of bots (probably not needed for us), set
up testing infrastructure.
All of this, except bots, is already done for us

And in few places they described features they needed to put extra effort
in, while they are now in GitHub already.
So it's much less work for us.

Dima