On Mar 24, 3:18 am, Alex Ghitza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On a Dual Core machine running Gentoo, I've tried
>
> ./sage -tp 1 devel/sage/sage
>
> and
>
> ./sage -tp 2 devel/sage/sage
>
> Both appeared to run fine; the first used only one core and the second
> used both.  Running times:  1878 seconds for one core and 1031 seconds
> for two cores.
>
> Good stuff!
> Alex
>
> PS: no doctest failures other than the highly infamous plot.py.

Yeah, I like it a *lot*, too. What I would like to see is that the
longer doctests are run first so that it should scale linear with the
[reasonable] number of CPUs. When you run testall with long one of the
doctests [sr] runs about 400 seconds, so if that one get run toward
the end linear scalability gets shafted.

Cheers,

Michael