No. Make it from the remote upstream, so I think the command is

git branch -D develop; g checkout -b develop upstream/develop

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 11:51:43 PM UTC+9 Kwankyu Lee wrote:
On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 11:45:12 PM UTC+9 emanuel.c...@gmail.com
wrote:
After followong the steps given for an existing tree, my develop branch
still followed OLD-ORIGIN. Shouldn't that be orign ?

You remove the develop branch, and make a new one (named develop) from the
remote origin.