There must be some misunderstanding, I assume on my part. I *am* on the
sagemath/triage <https://github.com/orgs/sagemath/teams/triage>team.  But
for trying and modifying a pull request, I certainly do not want write
access to any of the "official" sage branches.

I guess it will be best for me to just wait a little and exercise in
patience.  The author of the pull request doesn't seem to be too eager
anyway.