On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Joel B. Mohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  On Wednesday 26 March 2008 13:55, Jason Grout wrote:
>  > Mercurial 1.0 is out now and one of the new standard extensions is the
>  > "churn" command, which apparently gives the numbers of lines of changed
>  > code per person (well, per email address).  I thought the output (see
>  > below) was interesting.  This is as of 2.10.4 and a few extra patches on
>  > top of it.
>
>  The list below is certainly very cool and amusing to read, but I became quite
>  suspicious of it's meaning when I saw me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) that high on the
>  list.  I don't think that's a very accurate representation of me ... I think
>  I should be much lower.  I am kind of curious how I managed to score that
>  many lines of code.

I think refactoring code also counts -- it's just lines you've
"changed".  Notice
that the sum of the lines in the list is much bigger than the total
lines in Sage
itself.  So if you renamed a file, you get a bunch of points in that list.

It would be interesting to see how many "new lines" (initial commits
from nothing)
that people have contributed.  I don't know if this is possible with churn.

William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics