I'm quite strongly against because it collides with a well-established
meaning of `\` in python: escape character. It's used to avoid command
termination by newline in things like formulas (as "\<newline", which gets
parsed as whitespace rather than command termination outside of brackets).

I'm in fact rather shocked that `\` in sage already doesn't work as it's
supposed to in python but instead gets substituted as "BackslashOperator()".

Searching the codebase currently only shows "_backslash_" implemented on
matroid, matrix, and binary_tree, so extinguishing it should be doable. We
should definitely not entrench its use further.

If you want to write your denominator first, you can already do ~2 * 3 . I
think that's already sufficiently perverse that we don't need another way
to spell that.