Installation of the system package readline-devel solved the problem. Now
sage-10.1 and sage-10.2.rc4 compile and run on my tumbleweed without
problems. Maybe, this package is contained in the "standard" tumbleweed
configuration but not in the "minimal" one. It is strange though that it
used to work without this package.