Ugh sorry my mistake, that's the error when running /opt/sage. The error
when running from SAGE_LOCAL/bin/sage is

$ pwd
/tmp/SBo/package-sage/INSTALL/bin
$ ./sage
./sage: ././sage-config: /tmp/SBo/package-sage/INSTALL/bin/python3: bad
interpreter: No such file or directory
./sage: ././sage-config: /tmp/SBo/package-sage/INSTALL/bin/python3: bad
interpreter: No such file or directory
./sage: ././sage-venv-config: /tmp/SBo/package-sage/INSTALL/bin/python3:
bad interpreter: No such file or directory
./sage: /tmp/SBo/package-sage/INSTALL/bin/sage-ipython:
/tmp/SBo/package-sage/INSTALL/bin/python3: bad interpreter: No such file or
directory
./sage: line 310: /tmp/SBo/package-sage/INSTALL/bin/sage-ipython: Success

And indeed. python3 is not in that folder - and not on my system, oops. Why
did this install correctly before? Ok let me try --without-system-python3.

Oops: That option doesn't exist any more, contrary to this page:
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/spkg/python3.html

So I guess I'm trying --with-system-python3=no.....