Here's a friendly overview on 9 of the "disputed" PRs, to help potential
volunteer editors find PRs that match their interests -- in case the
community decides that this model of appointing editors is the way to go.

None of them has anything to do with "development philosophy", or with
macOS; that's a false narrative.

*A. Positively reviewed, but held back by demands by 1 participant:*

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36561
"pkgs/sage-conf: Move metadata from setup.cfg to pyproject.toml"
- Background
reading: https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/guides/writing-pyproject-toml/
- "Needs review" set on Oct 28, 2023.
- Positively reviewed by 1 reviewer on Nov 2, 2023.
- Another participant demands that it must be changed so that when merged
into his open PR, that PR will work without change.

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36676
"Restructure sage.*.all for modularization, replace relative by absolute
imports"
- Background reading:
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/developer/packaging_sage_library.html#testing-distribution-packages
- "Needs review" set on Nov 9, 2023.
- Positively reviewed by 1 reviewer on Nov 15, 2023.
- Another participant demands that it cannot be merged until the already
documented design decision is reopened for a discussion.

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36726
"CI Linux: Replace use of pkill"
- Background reading:
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/developer/portability_testing.html
- "Needs review" set on Nov 15, 2023.
- Positively reviewed by 3 reviewers, Nov 16 / Nov 23 / Dec 23, 2023
- *TW:* A senior developer uses frequent public displays of disrespect,
makes false accusations, and makes insinuations about the intents of the PR
author.

*B. Stalled in "needs review" as author declines to address or respond to
reviewer's comments*

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36503
"Add config for ruff"

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36489
"Use meson instead of configure for conda install"
- PR author ends discussion with public display of disrespect.

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36524
"Compile everything with meson"

*C. PR declares original author's work as unimportant/illegitimate and
removes/obstructs it*

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36941
"Reduce number of systems test with minimal config"

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36725
"Run ci-macos jobs in series"

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36923
Revert "gh-36678: CI conda: Ignore baseline test failures "

*D. *There are also Issues (not just PRs) marked as "disputed"; the
search
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues?q=sort%3Aupdated-desc+label%3Adisputed+
gives a broader picture of the problem of toxicity in our community.