Hi all, my development Sage installation uses the conda instructions here
<https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/conda.html#using-conda-to-provide-all-dependencies-for-the-sage-library>.

There is a command below for how to recompile Cython files:

pip install --no-build-isolation --config-settings editable_mode=compat -v
-v --editable src

However, it seems that it recompiles *every* Cython file, even the ones I
haven't touched. This happens everytime, not just the first time I run the
command. Is that normal? Is it possible to only recompile files I have
changed?

I tried running cythonize -i a.pyx directly on the file. However, it seems
to break something and some libraries are not loaded correctly. For
example, I was editing sage/rings/finite_rings/element_pari_ffelt.pyx, and
after running the cythonize command Sage complains that the ConwayDatabase
is missing.

(I hope I am not posting in the wrong mailing group)