Hi everybody,

Recently while working on the gfan interface I starting thinking about
adding some other polytope-related functionality to Sage, but I am not
sure how it should be organized.  The classes I created in gfan
(probably to be sage-2.11) are somewhat ad-hoc.

In the near future I plan on adding 3D groebner fans to the gfan
interface; this is not something gfan itself can display.  To do this
I finally wrote some code that I have wanted for a long time: a direct
interface to cddlib to convert back and forth from vertex descriptions
and "facial" descriptions (i.e. inequalities/half-planes and
equalities).  (Previously I would install the optional polymake
package to do this, but that is massive overkill for the very limited
functionality I need.)

Currently my functions just spit out the relevant data as lists, but I
think I should encapsulate them in some sort of Polytope class.  This
is not my forte so I welcome comments and suggestions.  I will soon
post some code on trac, but I think the design issue is somewhat
independent of my particular code.

Thanks,
Marshall Hampton