On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 10:11 PM Matthias Koeppe
<matthiaskoe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, February 12, 2024 at 10:49:04 AM UTC-8 Dima Pasechnik wrote:
>
> > 2. Also the large Sage source tarball does not "vendor". It is a shipment
> > of a distribution. Distributions don't "vendor". It's the job of a
> > distribution to ship its components.
> This is not correct. Sage is not a distribution
>

> Let's not do "Sage-the-distribution is not a distirbution" again.
> https://groups.google.com/g/sage-devel/c/3Zoq0CNE1hE/m/tPgFOpHWBwAJ (2023).

I never agreed with William on this one (Sage is too narrow in scope
and incomplete to be a distribution),
Anaconda calls itself "distribution", Sage is quite far from
Anaconda's functionality.

Anyway, William concludes with "I hope soon Sage isn't a distribution,
but right now it still is. "
Do you also hope for the latter?

Anyhow, it's just fuzzy terminology, as well as just what exactly "to
vendor" means.
With the definition of "to vendor" I provided then you got to agree
that we vendor a lot of things.