Having just encountered this "in action", I have a suggestion:
"There is no scheduled vote, but rather an ongoing poll based on opinions
expressed by developers on the PR (these opinions can be expressed via
previous positive reviews or explicit comments giving approval).  The PR
author is presumed to vote in favor; if they give up or no longer favor the
PR they have the right to close the PR overall without any further voting."
It would be helpful for anyone explicitly voting +/-1 to either link to a
previous comment or make a new actual comment (beyond the vote) to clarify.
 This is particularly if there have been new commits since the initial
dispute, because for an outside reviewer it can be hard to untangle all the
various comments before the disputed tag is placed on the PR.
I don't know if this means I'm voting for or against the proposal, though!
 Friendly amendment, perhaps.