On Friday, April 19, 2024 at 3:47:38 AM UTC-7 Michael Orlitzky wrote:

On 2024-04-18 14:18:37, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> As an alternative to the proposal to back out the
> PR https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36964 whose *disputed dependency
> PR https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36676 which had not reached the
> required 2:1 supermajority *of the dispute-resolution process *(it
> currently only has a simple majority of 7 votes in favor, 5 votes
against)*
> --- I am asking for your votes on that dependency PR
> https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36676 to heal the process. This
will
> avoid further delays and disruptions.

This doesn't circumvent the issue. Voting on PRs with disputed
dependencies is nonsensical and counterproductive. We were told they
wouldn't be merged. I have no idea what 36964 is about and if I'm for
or against it because it's a waste of time until its dependencies are
accepted/rejected. Only then (after another two weeks or whatever) can
the vote on 36964 be considered meaningful.

Michael, note that in my message I asked for a vote on that dependency
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36676.