On Sat, 2024-04-20 at 15:01 -0700, kcrisman wrote:

> Can someone who is not Dima or Matthias explain to us how it is possible
> that they both are claiming to represent the normal Python way of doing
> things?  There have been numerous statements by both of them about this,
> which makes it sound like there are two pieces to it (modularization but
> also "de-vendoring"), and I can only assume that it would be possible for
> both to occur simultaneously.

It is, but in its current incarnation, the modularization relies
heavily on the sage distribution vendoring. Conflict arises because the
modularization is cited as a blocker whenever someone wants to pare
down or disentangle some aspect of the sage distribution. It's not the
modularization per se that we object to. Personally, I would like it to
succeed, but not at the expense of everything else.