Hi all,

There have been some discussions and tentative attempts to migrate
Maxima from SourceForge to GitHub e.g.:
https://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/mailman/message/58794267/

I'm wondering how Sage managed to migrate issues from trac to GitHub
while still preserving things like who is the author of a comment or
the timestamp of the comment etc. I don't see how in GitHub's API you
can set those things.

For example this issue was migrated:
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues/33458

Somehow it shows my GitHub account opening the issue along with the
GitHub handles for other people who commented and the timestamps are I
assume those that were pulled from trac. I can't see how to make that
happen with Github migration scripts that I have seen or from the REST
API docs.

If anyone has any tips for a good way to do this then I am sure that
the Maxima developers would appreciate it.

--
Oscar