Ryan Hinton wrote:

Ryan, folks,

> I know Sage 3.0 is coming up soon.  Please consider this a friendly
> reminder that someone (me) is excited to have Sage run on FreeBSD!
>
> Thanks!

The quickest way to get this port going again is to provide me with a
VMWare image (preferably 64 bit) and get it to sage.math. In this case I
would prefer either FreeBSD 6.3 or 7.0 64 bit. I have screwed up my
FreeBSD 6.3 image a while ago and things always got in the way to set it
up again.

The advantage of VMWare images at UW is that I can test it on a box
there and also create binaries more or less automatically. In addition
other people can quickly access the image and debug problems, i.e. DSage
issues are much quicker to nail down by Yi if he can just ssh into a
running image. So if your favorite Linux or *BSD distribution does not
have binaries or official testing [and hence tends to break] now is the
time to step up and provide such an image. Make sure that the image is
as small as possible, i.e. basic setup without GUI + dev tools [gcc mostly].

Cheers,

Michael