On Apr 27, 1:24 am, "Ondrej Certik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Robert Bradshaw
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  On Apr 25, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Timothy G Abbott wrote:
>
> >  > Hello,
>
> >  > I'm working on building SAGE 3.0 for Debian, but ran into a cython
> >  > problem
> >  > (error message below):
>
> >  > I'm guessing the problem is Debian has cython 0.9.6.12 and I need
> >  > running
> >  > 0.9.6.13.1.  Confirmation of this would be useful.
>
> >  That is correct.
>
> I just uploaded a new version of Cython to Debian. Wait around 10
> hours, then upload your unstable and you should have it.
> Or just install it from incoming:
>
> http://incoming.debian.org/

Well, we willl likely update to an upstream Cython in the next 12
hours and I don't know how the release plan on the Cython side looks
like. I am somewhat certain that the 0.9.6.13.1 release will keep
working for the old setup.py build, but we are considering switching
to the new pbuild written by Gary in 3.0.1.alpha1. That does require
the updated Cython code to work. Whether pbuild will be used per
default in 3.0.1.final depends on whether it works on more than
sage.math, bsd and Gary's test box ;), i.e. if unresolvable problems
remain in 3.0.1.final I *will* switch back the default to setup.py's
based build in 3.0.1.

> Ondrej

Cheers,

Michael