On Jun 4, 12:13 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
> I just read the installation readme and built my own application to
> start the sageserver:
>
> Just start the Apple-ScriptEditor and enter the following code:
>
> tell application "Terminal"
>         do script "/Applications/sage/sage -notebook"
> end tell
>
> Well, that's all. Now only save the script as a program-bundle. After
> that, you can assign the .app file a nice icon and put it in your
> dock, click it, see firefox coming up and have fun.
>
> I'd propose that this app could be part of the sage-install
> bundle... ;-)
>
> Hope, you like this tip
>
> greeting,
> Kai-Philipp
>
> p.s.: I am absolutely new to sage, maybe someone knows some good
> resources for doing dsp in sage? Any tips appreciated. thnx

This is nice, with similar functionality to several other proposed
ways of doing it you might find by searching the threads.  I do like
that it makes a .app.

Unfortunately, this solution still doesn't behave like a "real" .app,
in the following senses:
1) Opens a Terminal window before opening the one Sage runs in (this
assumes Terminal is not already open, I think)
2) Requires one to do ^C^C in the Terminal window (and then Quit
Terminal) to finish everything off and completely quit Sage
Is there a way to modify the script so it would not do the first and
automatically do the second?  Just curious, as I've tried several
different "point-and-click" options and they all have some issue like
this; I'm definitely not saying that a way to do this actually exists,
or that if it exists it might not be really hard.

- kcrisman