On Jun 6, 10:05 am, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I never understood why Mathematica still supports HPUX other for
> historical reasons. And I would imagine most HPUX/Itanium boxen would
> run non-scientific workloads, i.e. databases.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael

Even more puzzling is why Mathematica supports AMD processors on
Solaris x86, but not Intel ones.

http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/platforms/

However, I have found a workaround for that one.

http://www.g8wrb.org/mathematica/#IntelCPU

by changing some of the libraries supplied by Wolfram Research for
versions supplied by Sun with the Forte compiler.

Dave